The Insurance Your College Kid Needs

Insurance for College Kid in Phoenix, AZ

Send off your college kid with the right level of protection!

When you drop off your college student at their dorm, you’re probably left to unload the heavy boxes: their pricey laptops, tablets, flat screen T.V., expensive and essential textbooks, as well as their entire wardrobe. Between the house parties and theft in dorms and libraries, it’s likely that any one of these items could suffer some damage.

Even though insurance may be the last thing on your mind, it’s important that it is on there! Without insurance, your child’s belongings are left vulnerable. Here’s the insurance that your college kid needs!

Renters insurance. Students who live in an off-campus apartment will likely need their own renters insurance policy. If your student lives in a dorm on campus, your homeowners insurance policy may cover personal property in the event of a fire, vandalism, theft, or other incidents.

Before your student heads to campus, take an inventory of everything leaving the house. A detailed list of personal property and what each item costs can help in case you need to file an insurance claim.

Auto insurance. Talk to your auto insurer about whether your child is taking the car to school, or leaving it at home. If your child is taking it, the insurer will evaluate the premiums, depending on the location and whether the vehicle will have a new registration. If your student leaves a car at home, you may be entitled to a discount on your premium.

Attending college should be an exciting time! Don’t allow a fire or theft push your studying student into a financial strain. Insurance can step in to protect your children while away from home.

For all of your insurance needs in Phoenix and neighboring cities in Arizona, contact American Premier Insurance today!